This page is for business owners and Chamber members to learn about the Dog Days of Summer Festival and sponsoring the events. To visit the public page about the events please click HERE
Everyone knows Green Lake is the best place to walk your dog in Seattle. And as dogs outnumber kids in Seattle the Green Lake Chamber has decided to leash up to this fact and created a brand new community event called the Dog Days of Summer Festival. The Festival will consist of three primary events all ending or taking place on July 22nd and 23rd. The events consist of the Green Lake Cutest Dog Contest, The Dog Days of Summer 5k, and the Dog Days of Summer Sales at local Green Lake Businesses. This Festival is the partnership of Brad S Cooper at HomeSmart Real Estate, Promotion Events, Green Lake Community Center, and the Green Lake Chamber of Commerce.
With all these PAWsome events and Seattle’s love of dogs, this event could draw a huge crowd to the area. Already the Facebook page is showing signs of viral growth. To build the brand and gain value we all need to go above and beyond promoting dog themed items, services, specials, decorations, etc. Think Leavenwoth but for dogs and only for a weekend. So start preparing your best HOWLing announcements of your great promotions and lets all treat ourselves to a busy weekend.
How To Participate In:
Dog Days of Summer Sale
- Offer a dog themed promotion the weekend of July 22nd and 23rd at your business
- Promote your offer and the Festival on your social media profiles. Please use #GLDogDaysFestival on those posts
- Share the official Festival Facebook event on your Facebook page. The event page is https://www.facebook.com/events/394019267641387/
- Consider Adding your businesses to the official map of participating business. Just $25 for Chamber members and $45 for non (includes processing charges). All money will be used to promote the event. Sign up here
Green Lake Cutest Dog Contest
The contest is an online competition to determine Green Lake’s Cutest Dog. Votes are cast in the form of donations to two great charities Homeward Pet Adoption Center and C.A.S.T. for Kids organization. CAST donations will be earmarked to help fund the LoveGreenLake.com Fishing Kids event in Green Lake in future years. The contest runs from June 1st to July 22nd with winners announced after the Dog Days of Summer 5k described below.
- Sponsor the contest here. $100 registration fee and suggested $50 or more in drawing prizes given to the contestants.
- Register your dog and help raise money here
- Vote for the Green Lake’s Cutest Dog here
- Share the Facebook event on your social media profiles. The event is here
Dog Days of Summer 5k
This event is similar to other Promotion Events races around Green Lake such as the Valentines Day Dash Love Em or Leave Em race except this one is dog friendly. It also includes a beer garden. The race will consist of several dog themes events although having dog is not necessary. The beneficiary of this race is the Green Lake Community Center. There will be a trade show set up at the event where racers, spectators, and Green Lake visitors will have a chance to meet business who have reserved booth space. Contact Promotion Events for details on pricing for booths. To register for the 5k race visit here.